Ottawa Fire Services hazardous materials specialists were called to Ottawa International Airport Thursday morning when officials reported a fire in a box.
There was a strong odour coming from the fire, with a popping noise, and officials were taking no chances. The specialists determined the fire was in a lithium battery that had malfunctioned in a small electrostatic sprayer. The device was placed in a drum with a special suppressant called Cold Fire to halt the chemical reaction. The area was then ventilated. There were no injuries.